Monday, April 27, 2015

Tiny update

Two small things:

I've taken the cabin in to get framed! They did indeed say they could mount it for me, and it should be ready in about two weeks. I can't wait to share it with all of you!

I'm nearly done prepping the fabric for my next big project! Once I start stitching, I'll let you know what it is, so stay posted :)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Finish - Cabin

It's done!!!

I started this project way back on June 5th, 2013, so it took me just under two years. I'm super pumped to finally be done with it and get it framed!!

Speaking of framing, does anyone have any recommendations for mounting material? For smaller projects I've just cut cereal or pasta boxes down to size, but I don't think I'll find any big enough for the cabin. Can I just use a matting board?

Here are some close-ups of the details!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Small tease

Hi everyone! Now that I've finished the Tudor Rose, I'm back to finishing the cabin! I thought I was very, very close to being done but then I discovered an area that needs backstitching that I had overlooked before, whoops. I still anticipate a finish very soon :)

I don't have any pictures of the cabin to share right now (so many waste knots all over the place!), but I did get some shopping done over the weekend for my upcoming new start:

I'm incredibly excited to get going on this new project and I hope I can announce what it is very soon!

- Leigh

Monday, April 6, 2015

Finish - Tudor Rose

I finally have some new stitching to share!

I've taken a hiatus from the cabin for the past couple months in order to complete Tudor Rose as a birthday gift for my mom! I stumbled on the pattern online months ago and knew that I wanted to stitch it at some point. I'd never done blackwork before, but I loved the intricacy of the different patterns.

I do feel a little sad about the framing job on this one - for some reason I was convinced that I had stitched this on 16-count aida, so I bought an 8x10 frame, and discovered that I'd actually stitched it on 14-count and the frame was too small. I did go out and by a larger frame, but it ended up not working either and I decided to just use the 8x10 frame and cut off a couple of the leaves. Don't be like me, kids!

Here are some progress pics! I can't wait to blitz through the last of the finishing on the cabin, and I'm hoping next weekend I can start buying supplies for my next BAP!